Milwaukee based manufacturing company is seeking an experienced patent attorney.
Our client is looking for someone with an engineering background to provide counsel to all levels within Engineering and Marketing during the New Product Development process. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have strong leadership and communication skills, and be experienced in providing strategic intellectual property counseling to achieve business objectives.
This individual will be responsible for the patent portfolio and new product risk mitigation for various Business Units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide advice to the Business Units’ engineering and marketing leadership regarding patentability and infringement risk for new product development
* Evaluate, develop, and implement patent filing and searching strategies for new products
* Serve as a liaison between in-house engineering and marketing teams, global subsidiaries and affiliates, and outside counsel
* Counsel and coach engineering and marketing personnel regarding patent issues
* Present patent risks and updates for new projects to management in a clear and concise manner, with ability to provide practical legal advice upon which effective business decisions may be made
* Participate in recurring new product development meetings to stay informed on changing product design features, assist engineering teams with understanding the patent landscape, and harvest strategic inventions for patent protection
* Monitor competitor portfolios to offer strategic advice to the business
* Chair and prepare necessary materials for IP Review Committee to inform leadership of patent risks, opportunities, and developments
* Analyze offensive and defensive infringement positions, send and respond to patent notice letters, and support IP litigation
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or educational equivalent (mechanical or electrical engineering preferred)
* Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school
* Registered to practice before the United States Patent & Trademark Office
* Minimum 3 years experience in IP counseling, patent preparation, and prosecution (law firm or corporate legal department experience)
* Strong communication, critical thinking, and writing skills to support effective communication with all levels of marketing, engineering, and leadership within the business
* Attention to technical and administrative detail
* Self-motivation to immerse with the business and engineering teams to support legal needs and to quickly learn the business’ goals and objectives
* Ability to develop, communicate, and execute IP tactics to support those business needs
Please email PS Companies at info@ps-companies or click the apply button to submit your resume!
|Job Category||Corp InHouse|