Our client, a Wisconsin based business service provider, is seeking to add an Associate Counsel to their growing legal department.
- Provide legal advice and risk assessments across a broad range of legal matters related to contracts, professional services, and construction law.
- Analyze, summarize, and advise on a wide variety of commercial contracts and leases.
- Draft and negotiate technology-related agreements, professional services agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and data sharing agreements.
- Conduct and compile research, maintain/update legal due diligence documents.
- Partner with other in-house and outside legal counsel in the management and resolution of contested matters and demands.
- Provide legal advice and support for intellectual property and brand protection matters, including interpreting and translating privacy laws, copyright and trademark law.
- Provide guidance on labor and employment matters.
- Perform legal research and draft, review memorandums and communications.
- Deliver training on various legal topics, including project-specific requirements, contracts, ethics, and compliance.
- Capture industry and market trends to advise on best practices and continuously improve processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- Admitted to Practice Law in the State of Wisconsin
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the following areas are a plus:
- Construction-Related Litigation and Design and Construction Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Employment Law
- Risk Management and Insurance Matters
- Corporate Leases and Licensing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Strong negotiation, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
Ability to manage numerous assignments simultaneously and prioritize work.
Excellent communication skills including drafting professional e-mail and letter communications to internal and external stakeholders.
Interest in working in a collaborative environment and a keen focus on client service.
If interested apply today or email email@example.com
|Job Category||Corp InHouse|