Our client, a local medical manufacturer, is looking for a talented attorney to join their in-house legal team. This position will be responsible for various legal-related matters involved in drafting, negotiating, and revising commercial agreements impacting our client’s pending construction of a state-of-the-art medical isotope manufacturing facility here in Wisconsin. This role requires an understanding of contractual terms and conditions, as well as superior drafting skills and experience in complex negotiations. The successful candidate will be personable, collegial, collaborative, hardworking, strategic, highly organized, and able to thrive in a fast-moving, complex environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to support construction, purchasing, and customer supply agreements with our various vendors. Your primary focus will be on construction and vendor agreements, professional services agreements, outsourcing, facilities, and NDAs.
- Support operational effectiveness and standardization of processes in a highly regulated industry, including contract management, compliance tracking, and budget control.
- Collaboratively and positively communicate with all levels of management and internal teams.
- Resolve complex issues and conflicting interests in creative and effective ways.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements at a law firm, in-house, or combination of both.
- Top academic credentials from a leading U.S. law school; JD required; Bar admission and in good standing in the State of Wisconsin (or admission within a short time of hire).
- Ability to draft documents, policies, emails and anything else in a very precise manner, while still being digestible for non-lawyers; It’s a cliche, but attention to detail really is a must.
- A confident, effective and positive negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is constantly expanding and changing as we grow our business.
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by a point of view that is well thought out and communicated.
- Ability to work cross-functionality with different departments to reach consensus on whether to accept non-standard contract terms.
- Ability to contribute to and iterate on contract playbook of fallback terms.
If you are interested apply today.
|Job Category||Corp InHouse|