A large multi-national company is seeking a Corporate Counsel to collaborate with marketers, design engineers, business leads, researchers and scientists to craft impactful advertising, labeling and marketing claims and campaigns for some of their fastest growing consumer products. The Corporate Counsel is responsible for advising clients on the legal ramifications of various global advertising/labeling campaigns, marketing transactions and litigation matters as well as supporting privacy compliance matters globally. Prior experience defending advertising class actions and counseling in the laws and regulations of over-the-counter drugs and cosmetics preferred.
- Global review of advertising and communications materials to confirm compliance with applicable laws, company policy, and brand requirements.
- Conduct privacy assessments of business initiatives, including marketing programs, data partnerships and vendor relationships, and manage privacy compliance documentation and records.
- Defend advertising claims in NAD challenges or court cases, including class action litigation.
- Advise global marketing teams on social media issues, including disclosure requirements and endorsement guidelines.
- Analyze and advise clients on advertising claim substantiation requirements.
- Negotiate and draft promotion, licensing, confidentiality, entertainment, sponsorship, spokesperson, and other miscellaneous agreements related to the advertisement and marketing of the various company brands.
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating data privacy provisions in commercial contracts.
- Facilitate internal policy creation, update, and implementation, including assist in maintaining privacy policies and procedures.
- Provide client seminars, education, and training on relevant legal issues, including providing training to employees on privacy-related obligations.
- Identify and assist in addressing global privacy and intellectual property issues.
- Identify and analyze legal issues in collaboration with legal colleagues to develop and effectively communicate sound, understandable legal and business recommendations to the appropriate business managers, ensuring consistent messaging on similar legal issues across brands and business categories.
- Advise the business on the legal and regulatory requirements of global over-the-counter drug and cosmetic laws.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of eight years of legal experience working in a large firm or as an in-house counsel, significant experience with federal and state marketing and advertising laws and regulations is imperative. The company offers an excellent compensation along with a generous relocation package. For consideration of this exciting opportunity, please contact Mara at email@example.com
|Job Category||Corp InHouse|