Our client, a world renowned supplier to the automotive industry, is seeking to hire a Director, Regional Compliance Counsel. Reporting to the Vice President & General Counsel, Labor & Employment, Litigation and Compliance, this position serves as the primary compliance counsel to the Americas region and is responsible for providing seasoned advice and counsel regarding top compliance risks, compliance risk identification and mitigation, conducting effective compliance investigations, and implementing compliance program elements designed to assure mitigation of risk.
- Advise and counsel on top compliance risks, including anti-trust, anti-bribery, trade compliance, and other areas of compliance risks to global organization.
- Assure prompt identification of compliance risks and develop and implement effective mitigation strategies.
- Identify new developments and changes to applicable laws or regulations within the Americas region that may impact compliance risks or the Ethics and Compliance Program and proactively communicate such developments or changes.
- Conduct effective compliance investigations or partner with Internal Audit, Human Resources and other functions to conduct investigations. Prepare investigation reports, and recommend discipline or other remedial measures. Assure investigations are timely completed and remedial measures are implemented.
- Accountable to ensure the integrity of Client’s Integrity Helpline data for reporting to the General Counsel, executive team, and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Analyze and report on Integrity Helpline cases and statistics to identify emerging trends and areas of compliance focus.
- Implement compliance training which is focused on relevant groups and activities to assure risk mitigation and is delivered by various methods to effectively leverage resources (e.g., eLearning, in person, webinars, etc.).
- Review and approve all high risk customer and vendor due diligence applications for the Americas region. Develop and implementation continuous improvements to global high risk customer and vendor due diligence processes to mitigate risk. Conduct other compliance-related due diligence as required.
- Along with the Regional Compliance Counsel – APAC & EMEA, drive implementation of Client’s global Ethics and Compliance Program and promote Client’s culture of integrity.
- Review compliance policies, guidelines, procedures and initiatives and provide guidance and recommend enhancements to controls, communication and effectiveness based on risk within the Americas region.
- Report on the effectiveness of the Ethics and Compliance Program within the Americas and globally.
- Partner with Vice President & General Counsel, Labor & Employment, Litigation and Compliance and Regional Compliance Counsel – APAC & EMEA to assure consistent application and implementation of the global Ethics and Compliance Program.
- Manage, develop and/or educate others with respect to relevant compliance-related policies, procedures and topics, including Client’s paralegal(s), geographic program leads, and lawyers.
- D., L.L.M, or equivalent law degree from accredited school.
- Minimum of 12 years of proven legal and compliance-related work experience which includes advice and consulting, risk identification and mitigation and training in the following areas: FCPA and other anti-bribery/anti-corruption regulations, anti-competitive behavior, fraud-related issues, trade compliance, cross-border investigations and business/commercial crime.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex, international programs; to effectively communicate standards of conduct, legal principles and behavioral expectations; and to advise senior management on complex compliance related issues.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct business and compliance due diligence.
- Demonstrated ability to translate the strategic goals and objectives into strategies and actioned priorities.
- Travel required which may include some international travel.
- Excellent oral, written and electronic communication skills. Written and spoken English skills required. Spanish or Portuguese fluency preferred.
|Job Category||Corp InHouse|