The Divisional Legal Counsel will lead the development, implementation and maintenance of all legal matters related to the aerospace division and will support the company’s commitment to comply with all relevant compliance, regulatory and ethical requirements.
- Drafting and reviewing a variety of commercial contracts in an international context with a particular focus on sales and procurement transactions. Providing legal support to the sales team in their customer negotiations, and the procurement team in their supplier negotiations.
- Providing high quality and accurate legal advice to the aerospace business on a large variety of legal topics in the day to day operation.
- Identifying potential legal exposures for the division and advising thereon.
- Implementing various legal group policies, procedures and tools at division level and enhancing the compliance readiness of the division.
- Provides expert advice, guidance and counsel on Company’s global anticorruption compliance programs.
- Oversee a robust trade compliance program that meets all regulatory requirements in relation to U.S. based government contractors owned by a foreign company.
- Oversee and follow up the company’s export and trade compliance with U.S. government contracting rules and regulations, including ITAR, EAR and FAR/ DFARS, act as a liaison to governmental bodies like DOC, DDTC, DCAA and DCMA or our customers’ intermediates.
- Ensure that all regulatory and corporate filings and disclosures are made in a timely and accurate manner
- Conduct compliance risk assessments of our various operations and procedures working with local management to establish controls to mitigate risks.
- Conduct the company’s annual compliance review and ensure that recommendations are implemented in a timely fashion
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise structure, policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance & Ethics Program and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- Promote a culture of compliance companywide through comprehensive training and engagement
Level in the organization
Has a self-directing role, reports directly to the General Counsel and the division CEO
Key skills and requirements
- Master Degree in Law, possibly a LLM in business law; professional certification (e.g. CCEP) is a plus
- 8 to 15 years of working experience in a high technology environment with a demonstrated experience as an in-house counsel in a multinational company
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial contract law including government contracting and commercial contracting practice with the US market, preferable in an Aerospace & defense industry.
- Broad knowledge of ITAR, EAR, FAR/ DFARS, and government contracting compliance regulations. Stay current on industry developments and the regulatory environment
- Demonstrates business acumen and is solution-oriented with a commercial mindset
- Strong organizational and rigorous follow-up skills to resolve compliance issues
- Attention to detail is second nature to you—it’s all about getting things right
- Actively engages with other team members to understand their needs and offers workable solutions
- Strong analytical ability and good judgment to help determine the applicability of rules to our business
- Proactive self-starter, operational and committed to continuous improvement, highly motivated, hardworking to support the further development of the business.
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to explain complex topics clearly and possesses proper legal-critical instincts.
|Job Category||Corp InHouse|