Our client is a growing mid-size business law firm with multiple offices in Wisconsin. This highly reputable and well-known firm is currently searching for a Payroll, Benefits & Billing Coordinator to join the firm’s downtown Milwaukee office. The person hired in this role will need to report in to the office. The firm may be open to considering a mix of an in-person and remote schedule however, a fully remote role is not an option.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurate processing of employee earnings, withholdings, and deductions, and all associated remittance of taxes and withholdings to applicable governmental agencies and taxing authorities.
- Maintain accurate and complete payroll records ensuring compliance with legal requirements and satisfactory review by external auditors.
- Compile quarterly and annual tax reporting forms as required under Federal and state law.
- Assist HR Manager with benefit coordination, including processes associated with withholding and deduction of insurance costs and COBRA compliance.
- Administer 401(k) and defined contribution plan, including responsibility for annual employer contribution and coordinating annual 401(k) audit.
- Provide employee relations support for payroll and benefit administration.
- Help develop and produce all required and requested payroll reports, ensuring accurate, meaningful, and timely information.
- Create, maintain, and update client, matter, and billing records in accordance with firm standards.
- Prepare and distribute client invoices at the direction of Billing Attorneys and in collaboration with Legal Administrative Assistants. Ensure adherence to internal billing procedures and guidelines.
- Correspond with clients, answer questions, and resolve issues.
- Help develop and produce all required and requested client and billing reports, ensuring accurate, meaningful and timely information.
- Follow up on outstanding invoices as requested.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current with technology and industry changes.
- Promote affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- The ideal candidate for this role has five to seven years of directly related experience, with extensive experience processing payroll required, and experience supporting benefits administration highly preferred. The role doesn’t require previous experience with legal billing – the firm is willing and able to train a candidate with a strong numerical aptitude and ability to learn quickly.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field is highly preferred; High school diploma or GED with applicable experience will be considered.
- Previous experience in a law firm is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required, with excellent Excel skills needed. Previous experience with Sage HRMS, Worldox, and/or Elite Enterprise is a plus.
This is a direct-hire, permanent position scheduled to begin as soon as possible. The hours for the role are generally 8 am to 5 pm but there may be some flexibility with start and end times. If you’re interested in confidentially learning more, please apply today. Applicants that seem to have the desired qualifications will be contacted via the email on the resume provided to schedule a phone interview.
|Job Category||Law Firm, Professional|