Our client, a global industrial company, is seeking a Senior Contracts Attorney.
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy, Business Development & Deployment within Client’s Process & Motion Control (PMC) platform, the Sr. Contracts Attorney role will provide functional leadership and expertise across all aspects of the platform’s contracting processes. Performing a range of contract-related responsibilities, independently as a business partner as well as under the direction of PMC management and the Rexnord Legal Department, the Sr. Contracts Attorney will review, evaluate, negotiate and execute contracts and other related terms and conditions documents, including, but not limited to, requests for proposal, sales contracts, vendor contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and leases. As a business partner with PMC management, the Sr. Contracts Attorney will employ their knowledge of business arrangements to analyze agreement structures and recommend the proper contractual agreement(s) to support the business need. The Sr. Contracts Attorney will also be the first point of contact for answering questions and resolving issues regarding a contract during the entire term of the agreement. The successful candidate will perform all functions with a high level of accuracy, accountability, and initiative.
- Lead all aspects of PMC’s contract development while working closely with business leadership, internal functional groups, and external counterparts to evaluate, analyze, negotiate, seek approval, execute, file, and establish post-signing management processes across a wide variety of complex agreements.
- Serve as the point person to implement and manage a broad range of contracts and agreements, including: confidentiality and related non-disclosure agreements, commercial contracts with strategic accounts, OEMs, and distributors, IP licenses, supplier contracts, real estate leases, and a range of routine contracts and documents.
- Manage the process of engaging input of internal stakeholders and managing approval processes throughout contracting process.
- Provide contractual support to e-commerce and other key business growth efforts.
- Serve as the primary person responsible for maintaining files and electronic records for all signed agreements.
- Summarize key contracts to key internal audiences accountable to meeting obligations and securing benefits of agreements.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Sales, HR, Marketing Finance, and Operations) to establish sound contract management processes, and resolve contract-related business challenges.
- Assist in-house attorneys with the development and maintenance of contract templates.
Experience and Skill Required
- Minimum 10-15 years of contracts management experience in a global manufacturing company.
- Juris Doctor degree
- Experience negotiating domestic (U.S.) and international contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal and contractual terms for a wide range of legal agreements.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong business acumen and deep understanding of commercial and financial implications of strategy development process.
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve problems with a high degree of scope and terms/conditions complexity.
- Experience performing risk assessments to maximize achievement of program financial and performance goals, enhance customer satisfaction, improve profitability and support new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated project and process management with ability to multi-task routine and complex contract and proposal activities while responding to unplanned quick response requirements as they emerge.
- Team player capable of leading and participating within cross-functional project teams to meet key milestones under tight timelines and stressful conditions
|Job Category||Corp InHouse|