Our client, a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader, is currently searching for a Senior Counsel to join the legal team in Milwaukee, WI.
This attorney will support a region and vertical with combined revenues of $1.6B in a primarily transactional role but one that also touches on disputes and litigation, software licensing, cyber security, and other matters.
The ideal candidate has at least ten years of experience, with an extensive background negotiating complex contracts in the construction industry. Previous experience with sales contracts, energy performance contracts, construction and technology integration contracts, and supply agreements is desired. The ideal candidate will have experience both in a large firm and in-house department of a multi-national company.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a member of the legal team providing legal support to one or more areas with combined revenues of ~ $1B and providing legal support to one or more above-the-branch businesses (Performance Infrastructure, Connected Technologies & Enterprise/Global Accounts).
- Provide legal advice across a full range of issues that confront product and sales businesses in the construction industry, including complex commercial, litigation/disputes, software licensing, cybersecurity, systems integration, P3 contracts, performance contracts and performance contracting legislation.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the business, with a focus on commercial transactions.
- Review, draft and negotiate sales contracts that are either the highest revenue or highest degree of complexity, including but not limited to energy performance contracts, construction and technology integration contracts, supply agreements and enterprise-wide accounts.
- Counsel the business and manage disputes in the businesses they support.
- Work collaboratively and develop internal team of contract managers and other professionals assuring delivery of cost-efficient and effective legal services across all business domains.
- Build organizational structure, best business practices, policies, and processes (including training and communication) to optimize resource allocation based on company and business needs, efficiency and risk reduction including external providers.
- Train and guide clients across a full range of issues that confront product and sales businesses in the construction industry.
- Work directly with legal business partners, corporate center of excellence, regional legal teams and outside counsel to ensure cost-effective support of commercial transactions and other matters of strategic importance to the business.
- Identify and sponsor enterprise-wide initiatives that advance the company’s legal function.
Candidates that are open to relocating to Milwaukee will be considered, with relocation assistance available. If you’re interested in learning more about the opportunity, please apply today.
|Job Category||Corp InHouse|